3 Great Reasons to Consider a Metal Roof
(StatePoint) One of the most important considerations for any major home project is its return on investment. That’s why experts point to metal as a solid choice for roofing.
“If you’re looking for that elusive combination of beauty, longevity and energy efficiency, metal roofing is a smart choice,” says James Alpeter, ProVia metal roofing marketing manager. “It offers superior performance and enhanced curb appeal, plus excellent resale value down the road.”
As Alpeter points out, your roof plays an important role in safeguarding your home, protecting it from the elements and providing a barrier to temperature extremes. With your roof covering at least 60% of your home’s exterior, consider these advantages that metal has over other roofing materials:
• Longevity: Roofing takes a beating from all kinds of weather — rainstorms, high winds, hail, harsh UV rays, and heavy snow. Materials like asphalt and wood shingles are susceptible to mold and deterioration, and clay or slate tiles can chip and break. Metal roofing is durable, long-lasting, and withstands extreme conditions better than other roofing options. Metal roofs typically last 40 years or more, and their warranties are stronger as well.
• Curb appeal: Innovations in the metal roofing industry have resulted in beautiful panels and shingles that look identical to traditional materials, but without the associated damage concerns and maintenance issues that can quickly compromise curb appeal. For example, ProVia stamped panel metal roofing features an embossed surface that mimics the look and texture of cedar shake and quarried slate, and the horizontal panels resemble shingles rather than the industrial-looking standing seam metal roofs. At the same time, this roofing choice features built-in fade and chalk resistance, a premium architectural coating offering dirt, mildew and stain protection, and virtually no material degradation. Bottom line? Your roof will stay beautiful with minimal care.
• Environmental stewardship: Metal roofing can offer significant energy savings when compared to asphalt shingles, helping you reduce your carbon footprint and lower your utility bills. You can take your environmental stewardship a step further by choosing long-lasting, recycled and recyclable products, as well as products that are American made, which require less shipping.
To learn more or get your project started, visit provia.com.
The decision to reroof your home is a big step. As you weigh your options, be sure to select materials that are not only striking, but offer durability, strength and weather-resistance.
- 3 potentially low-maintenance trees to consider for your property - April 19, 2023
- The basics of fertilizing a lawn - April 18, 2023
- 2023 Ashville Viking Festival – April 29th and 30th - April 14, 2023