Christmas activities that everyone can enjoy
Keep your holiday gathering lively and fun for all ages with these activity ideas.
* Oven mitts game: Dare everyone to open at least one present while wearing oven mitts. It’s practically impossible, hilarious to watch, and reminds us to slow down and enjoy the time we spend together.
* Candy cane hunt: Hide candy canes around the house (or yard, if you’re brave or live somewhere warm) and challenge kids to find them all.
* Snowball fights: Take the party outside for a bracing battle in the snow. If you don’t care to go outside or there isn’t any of the white stuff on the ground, buy or make a bucket of cotton wool snowballs.
* Tabletop games: Board and card games are a great choice to entertain partygoers and keep conversation flowing while you munch on cookies and sip your favorite festive beverage. Focus on easy games that don’t require a ton of concentration — this is a social event and nobody wants to spend hours learning the rules.
* Nerf dart battle: They don’t hurt when they hit you, can’t cause much damage, and just about anyone can use them. Tuck tiny Nerf guns and darts into stockings and watch the mayhem unfold.
* Christmas movie marathon: When the party slows down and the kids start yawning, throw some blankets and pillows on the floor and let them unwind with some holiday movies. Odds are strong that you’ll wind up with a pile of sleeping kids while the adults can relax, chat and do a little bit of cleanup.
Image by Jill Wellington
- 3 potentially low-maintenance trees to consider for your property - April 19, 2023
- The basics of fertilizing a lawn - April 18, 2023
- 2023 Ashville Viking Festival – April 29th and 30th - April 14, 2023