A recent study released by the U.S. Travel Association stated that a major priority for travel is to reconnect with significant others and friends. Pickaway County is a wonderful place to meet and reconnect, with great options for both day and evening activities.
Even when the weather is less than favorable, it is a great time to get out and enjoy local restaurants, shop local for gifts, or to grab a sweet treat from a Pickaway County confectionary or bakery. Whether you are looking for a date night or an afternoon escaping the house, Pickaway has an option for you. There is a lot to love about Pickaway County, and shopping local helps spread the love to our community.
Working at the Visitors Bureau, I am often asked for date ideas. Here are three ideas to make for a memorable day (or evening) in Pickaway:
- Visit Ashville’s Small-Town Museum. There is literally something for everyone at this museum. Even if you or significant other have no interest in history, there will be something of interest. And if this is a first date, you will learn a lot about your date.
- Go for a walk! A.W. Marion State Park has the 3.9 mile perimeter loop trail, which is great for walking and talking, or just observing nature. Bring the dogs to the Mary Virginia Crites Hannan Park. Or learn about history at Canal Park.
- Have a delicious meal. Watt Street Tavern in Circleville has great evening specials as well as craft beer and specialty drinks. Jackie Ray’s in Ashville has a wide selection of food for any palate. Or drive through Dairy Shed in Circleville for some fried goodness or ice cream.
While these specific date ideas may not suit you, I invite you to think about what you think makes for a great date in Pickaway County!
- Pickaway Pizza Trail is back! - July 19, 2022
- Visitors Bureau launches Discover Pickaway County Widget - July 12, 2022
- September in Williamsport - September 7, 2021