Random Acts of Pumpkin-Kindness
In this month’s “Cultivator Bucket List”, and many of the future “Bucket List”, we will have them centered around life in Pickaway County. Without a doubt one of THE most popular things to do or events is the annual Circleville Pumpkin Show or PUMPKINS. Now we know that the 2020 Pumpkin Show was canceled due to COVID-19, but we thought it would be fun to complete at least 7 of the “acts of pumpkin-kindness” from the list below.
- Compliment someone about something orange they are wearing.
- Let someone cut in front of you while in line at the grocery store.
- Smile at the first 3 people you see today.
- Give an extra tip to one of the waiters or waitresses at a locally owned restaurant and write the words “#RandomPumpkiness”.
- Catch up with an old friend by sending them a photo from a previous year’s Pumpkin Show.
- Say “please” and “thank you” to everyone you encounter and mean it.
- Deliver a cold soda pop to a police officer.
- Give an orange flower to someone.
- In one of the downtown areas in Pickaway County pick up a few pieces of trash & throw them away.
- Tell someone you haven’t seen in 3 or more years that you love them.
- Pay it forward & send or hand them a gift card and tell them to buy “something pumpkin”. Be sure to write the hashtag on the gift card: #RandomPumpkiness
- Take a photo of yourself holding something orange and send it to 5 friends with words of encouragement.
- Pick up a pumpkin or Pumpkin Show postcard in town and mail it to a friend.
Please feel free to take a photo, share it on social media or just have fun going through the list. If you share on social media be sure to share your list with others and let them know how you did by using the following hashtag: #RandomPumpkiness
- Getting started with crochet - March 15, 2023
- Getting to the root of sodic soil - March 13, 2023
- What consumers can do to support local farmers - March 10, 2023